- White yarn 5 mm
- Crochet hook 4 mm
- Pink felt
- White and pink thread
- Optional decoration:
- crocheted flowers, beads, buttons...
BASE or HEAD BANDCh 55, sc in 2nd ch from hook, 53 sc across 4sc in first loop, sc in each of next 50 loops, 2 sc in last loop, sl st to join to first sc worked, ch1 and sc in next 50 loops, start sc around the whole project ch1 in the end (curve) of each side every time you pass this will keep your project flat. Continue with sc until it measures 6, 5 cms. Once finished, in each of the sides chain as many stitches as you need to make the straps of the headband. The trick is to keep measuring in front of a mirror until you get the ideal length.
BUNNY EARS ( Make two):
- Round 1 - Ch 6 into a magic ring (6 sts)
- Round 2 - 2sc around (12 sts)
- Round 3 - [2sc in next st, 1sc in next st] around ( 18 sts)
- Round 4 - [2sc in next st, 2sc in next st] around ( 24 sts)
- Round 5 - [2sc in next st, 3sc in next st] around ( 30 sts)
- Round 6 to 8 - sc around ( 30 sts)
- Round 9 - [sc2tog in next st, 3sc in next st] around ( 24 sts)
- Round 10 to 20- sc around ( 24 sts)
- Round 21 - [sc2tog in next st, 2sc in next st] around ( 18 sts)
- Round 22 to 28 - sc around ( 18 sts)
We are not using fiberfill stuffing since we are using the flat shape of the project to make the ears look more realistic. Cut two pieces of pink felt in the same shape of the ears but smaller and sew them in the center of the ears. Use white thread, so when you sew it will not be visible in the back of the ears.
Decorate your bunny ears with anything you have, for example glitter, beads, crocheted flowers, by embroidering something, etc. It is up to you and your imagination! Happy Easter Hook Ninjas and good luck!